Method 1 Choosing An Outfit For a style Pop Concert
Start at the bottom and work your way up.
While you usually start by finding a shirt to build off, for pop concerts try starting at your shoes and working your way up.
- Heels (or wedges) are a great look. Only wear heels that you are comfortable enough in that you can stand for five hours straight without needing to sit down.
- Comfortable flats are a better choice. Keep in mind you will be on your feet most of the time and might be dancing. Go for some colorful ballet flats or bright sneakers.
- Boots are a more conservative choice but are still very fashionable. These are great because they are comfortable, fashionable, and look fabulous with a pair what to wear when it rains: outfit ideas street style of jeans.
- Avoid open toe flats or sandals. Venues are crowded and full of people moving and dancing. You are likely to get your toes stepped on and closed toed shoes will protect them!
Pick bottoms that complement your shoes.
For example, you want to build off the look you choose for your shoes.
- Start by creating a chic-casual look with a pair of skinny jeans. These are comfortable for wearing to a concert.
- If you wear boots try a pair of skinny jeans. This is going to create a fashion forward, sophisticated look. But be careful on this choice because it may be too tight and you will most likely be walking around a whole lot.
- For an extra burst of color, try pairing your boots with a pair of bright or pale colored jeans.
- You could also choose a pair of leggings in a complementary color and tone to your shoes. 
- If your heels are more strappy or you want to dress up the look even more, try a fitted miniskirt or peplum skirt. Wear this in a color that complements your body and personality.
Pull the outfit together with a fun top.
You want to create a look that is feminine and sophisticated.
- If you are wearing jeans, adding a white tee is always chic, especially when they are extra loose, have detailing or ruffles, or have an interesting cut.
- If you are wearing a colorful fitted mini or a peplum skirt, a tucked in looser tank top is going to create a feminine look.
- If you want to stand out, try wearing a sparkly shirt or something in a bright color.
- Make sure your top is made of cotton. You will be dancing and moving around in a hot room and you will likely get very sweaty. Cotton is best for absorbing sweat. 
Consider a dress instead.
Many popular looks encourage short simple dresses that you can accessorize.
- If you decided that you want to wear a dress for a fun girls night out, try wearing a fitted dress or a cut-out heavy dress. Wear shorts under a dress because it could be windy,
- Throw on a colorful pair of heels, or a pair of sultry boots to add depth to your dress.
- Try wearing something a little bit more fitted than a Daytime or maxi dress. However, these kinds of dresses can be worn to a pop concert in the summer if it is going to be hot.
- Popular stores for concert dresses and accessories include Top Shop and H&M.
Add some accessories to your look.
Wear some jewelry to complement the style of shirt, pants or skirt, and shoes you have chosen.
- For earrings, chose a pair of earrings that make a statement. If you have multiple ear piercings, choose one statement earring and wear simple studs in the others.
- A couple of leather bracelets are always a good choice. You can usually find leather or plastic bracelets engraved with the pop artists name or logo. 
- Layered necklaces are all great accessories that don't overpower your outfit, but provide a nice fashionable twist.
Do your hair and makeup.
These looks should complement your outfit.
- Usually a bold lip (red or coral) and/or a thick layer of liquid liner on the top of your eyelash line are enough to make your look fashionable.
- Hair should always be done and look polished. That means blown out straight, worn in loose curls or a cut fishtail braid are all viable options.
- Paint your nails or have them professionally done to really add sophistication to your look.
Method 2 Choosing an Outfit for a Rock/Punk/Metal Show
Get a rock band or heavy metal band t-shirt.
The unspoken rule of metal concerts is, however, not to wear the shirt for the band you are going to see. 
- Find a band shirt for a similar band in the same genre as the one you are going to see.
- Black t-shirts or tank tops with graphic designs are always good choices for a rock or metal show.
- Avoid anything that isn't cotton. If you are moshing or in a large crowd you will definitely sweat!
Match your bottom.
Keep in mind, rockers mix feminine and masculine in their looks, its going to be the accessories that tie this look together.
- Match your tee with dark green, dark blue, black or dark purple jeans.
- If you want to style up your look a little more, try swapping jeans for a peplum skirt or fitted red mini. Either of these provides a feminine chic look.
- Plaid miniskirts are especially popular at punk rock concerts.
- If you are going to a heavy metal concert and plan to be in the mosh pit, wear jeans rather than a skirt. 
Get the right shoes.
Military boots, and dark sneakers are all rocker-chic.
- Again, you want comfort as concerts are typically in packed areas.
- Nevertheless, this look lends itself to flats rather than heels. Try to wear shoes with a thicker material at the toe. Your feet will be stomped on quite a bit.
- Experienced metal heads advise to always wear combat boots to a heavy metal concert. Even sneakers won't protect your feet from all the stomping! 
Build the look with accessories.
Keep in mind that rock looks combine masculine and feminine styles. The accessories are really a chance to make your look more feminine.
- Layer bracelets (cuffs, leather bands, studded bangles, and jeweled wrap-arounds) until you have an eclectic look.
- Leather studded cuffs and belts are always good accessories for a rock or metal concert.
- Earrings should be minimal studs.
- Avoid long necklaces. If you are moshing or dancing at a rock concert, these can get pulled. 
Hair and make up can be worn to personal preference.
Simple light make-up and simple hairstyles are best, though. 
- If you are dancing or moshing, your makeup might run. Wear waterproof makeup if possible.
- Avoid curling your hair too much, as this style isn't really in fashion for a rock or metal look.
- Ponytails and braids are simple and practical hairstyles for a rock or metal show.
- Brightly colored hair and mohawk styles are popular for a punk rock look.
Method 3 Selecting a Country Look
Choose between jeans or a dress.
All outfits at country concerts stem from one of these two looks.
- Denim is a key component to any country outfit. 
- Jeans can come in different styles and colors. Jean skirts, boyfriend jeans, jean shorts, and jean jackets are all perfect for a country concert.
- They have a casual look but can still be tweaked to look feminine.
- Lighter colored jeans work best for day concerts but dark tones work best for nighttime.
Consider wearing a dress.
Floral prints, flowing fabrics, and ruffly cuts are all feminine choices.
- "Sexy" isn't the style at country concerts.
- Summer dresses, day dress and maxi dresses are all fashionable decisions. Country concerts tend to be more casual than pop concerts.
- Your dress should be more conservative. Miniskirts really aren't practical or comfortable. 
Choose a light, feminine shirt.
Remember, country style is more geared towards a casual look. Flannel is always in style at a country concert. 
- Looser button ups, camisoles, and tank tops are all great options.
- Ruffles, lace and bows are all details that work for this type of concert.
- Wear a denim jacket over a t-shirt or camisole. Denim is very fashionable in a country look 
Accessorize your outfit.
Country looks emphasize cowboy hats and boots. 
- Add a cowboy hat for a playful look.
- Cowboy boots, or boots in general, are always a popular option.
- Jewelry should be delicate like studs, charm bracelets, and long natural looking necklaces.
- Emphasize both comfort and femininity.
Do your hair and make up to complete the look.
Don't wear too much makeup or overdo your hair. A natural look is most fashionable for a country concert. 
- Wear your hair down in loose curls, up in a messy bun or in a single braid.
- For make-up it's important to be natural and minimal. A pink, glowing blush is a must.
- Don't wear bright eyeshadow or lipstick. Harsh, bright colors don't really go with the casual vibe of country fashion.
Method 4 Dressing for a Hip-Hop & Rap Concert
Start with a bold piece.
The point is to create a focal point in your outfit and then build around that.
- Hip/hop and rap looks feature items that are bold and will stand out.
- For bottoms, choose skinny jeans or leggings in denim or a bright color. For hip/hop fashion, jeans that are ripped are very popular.
- For shirts, choose a form fitted and tight graphic t-shirt in a bright color. Bright pink, orange, blue, and purple are fashionable colors in hip/hop.
- Tank tops in bright colors or flashy prints are also very popular. Jewel tones are featured by many hip/hop artists.
- You can also wear a flashy jacket. Gold or chrome leather jackets are often worn over fitted shirts or dresses.
- Play down other parts of your outfit to get parts of it to stand out.
Accessorize with bold, noticeable items.
Chrome and jewelry with diamonds or rhinestones is key for a hip/hop look. 
- Many of the most popular female hip/hop artists wear large gold hoop earrings.
- Wear necklaces with large pendants that are covered in jewels or studs.
- If you choose to wear a hat, choose a hat in a bright color with studs or rhinestones.
- Wear designer sunglasses. Stunner shades or other styles in bright or shiny colors are key elements of a hip/hop look.
- Wear the right footwear. High top sneakers in bright colors in brands such as Adidas or Jordans are the most popular look in hip/hop right now. 
- You can also wear strappy high heels in a bright or shiny color. However, at a concert you will be standing and dancing, so flat shoes might be more practical.
Choose bold hair and makeup.
You are going to need a bold face and hair style in order to match your bold outfit.
- Wear thick liner on the top of your lash line and bright smokey eye shadow.
- Wear lipstick in a bright matte color. Artists like Nicki Minaj often wear bright pink or purple matte lipstick.
- Use blush to wake up your look.
- Hair should be voluminous--in either a teased ponytail, a high bun or over-pumped hair.
- Brightly colored hair in pink, purple, or bleach blond is very fashionable in hip/hop.
Method 5 Summer Multi-day Festivals
Choose a casual outfit that shows some skin.
Being outside for the day often means tanning (voluntarily or involuntarily) so showing skin has become not only socially acceptable, but actually encouraged.
- Crop tops, cut-offs, cutouts, bathing suits, bandeaus and bustiers are all popular.
- Outdoor festivals are almost always in the thick of summer, when it is hot and sunny.
- Always bring and wear sunscreen religiously. You don't want to get sunburned.
- Prepare for rain. Always remember to bring a poncho or rain jacket to avoid being soaked all day.
Balance out your outfit.
If you are revealing a large amount of skin on top or bottom, even out it out with a more conservative counter-part.
- Pair a cropped top with a maxi skirt, or cut-offs with a baggy button-up.
- Using a "flowing" top or bottom creates a chic look without looking too conservative.
- Loose flowing components to your clothes will be more comfortable in hot weather.
- Try a one piece instead. Rompers, dresses, and jumpsuits are very popular music festival choices.
- This "balances" your outfit for you since most designers dance on the "conservative" and "revealing" line.
- Patterned one-pieces add depth to an outfit. Floral patterns, abstract patterns and animal prints play into the indie look.
Complete the look with the right shoes.
Sandals or flip flops are fashionable summer footwear.
- The important thing is to play into the summer look (gladiator sandals, chunky heel or jeweled flip flops).
- You can also look chic in something more structured (loafers, boots, or high fashion sneakers).
- Keep in mind that if it rains it will be muddy. Plan to bring several changes of shoes, including a pair or sneakers for wet days. 
Throw on some accessories.
You should choose accessories that complement your outfit and hot sunny weather.
- Big floppy hats and over-sized or wafer sunglasses will help you protect yourself from the sun.
- Scarves, cross side bags, dangling earrings, and layered necklaces also pull together the look.
- Natural or neutral accessories are best.
Keep your hair and makeup styles minimal.
- Wear your hair down, pulled back in a curled ponytail, in a messy bun, or up in a cute braid.
- Make-up should be minimal and natural.
- Make sure you wear sunblock to protect your skin from the sun.
Add New Question
What to wear to a Christmas concert?
Red or black dresses that look fashionable, but feel light and casual so you look great and feel great. Red and black dress attire works for men too.
Not Helpful 2 Helpful 4
I decided I wanted to wear a black dress, black stockings, a necklace and earrings and heels. Is that a good decision for a pop concert?
That is a great decision. Just make sure that the dress is not too short, and make sure you can walk in the heels.
Not Helpful 0 Helpful 1
What should I wear to a Christian night concert featuring piano and singing?
It all depends on the formality of the occasion, but here are some suggestions for a more formal concert: A pretty, formal red or black dress with diamond earrings, red lipstick and smoky eyeshadow and high heels are great for women. Men should wear formal suits with a tie and dress shoes and a handkerchief folded in a pocket. Formal jeans, sneakers and a chiffon shirt would work for women for a more casual occasion; men should wear fancy jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers.
Not Helpful 0 Helpful 0
What should I wear as a performer in the school band?
Wear whatever your school's dress code tells you to wear. Normally it is white on top, black on bottom or a long black dress. Nothing too flashy.
Not Helpful 1 Helpful 0
Ask a Question
200 characters left
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- Have dinner before you go. Hot dogs at the concert never look hot, and you'll feel better through the show if you've had a real dinner.
- Make sure to prepare yourself for a concert. Know what to expect, moshing, dancing etc. dress accordingly!
- Dress comfortably. Comfortable clothing will help when you're dancing or moving up on stage.
- Bring more cash than you think you'll need. Souvenirs, drinks, and food are all extremely overpriced.
- Don't rely on being able to use a credit or debit card - some merchandise vendors only accept cash.
- Avoid taking a purse if you can.
- Buy souvenirs.
- If you have more than one pair of jeans to choose from, take the one with the biggest/most pockets.
- If you want to get noticed, bring a sign with a funny or interesting thing on it. However, keep in mind that this only really works if you are seated near the front (by the stage), and of course, if items such as signs are permitted in the venue.
- Don't leave the concert with someone you don't know, even if they're promising to take you to an after-party.
- Don't wear too much jewelry. It's easy to lose it.
- Concerts can be hot. If you start to feel faint, get out of the venue and into a cool area, or to first aid.
- If everyone had been drinking, then call a taxi, friend, or parent.
- You can severely damage your hearing if you stand near the speakers all night, so be cautious.
- Don't wear tall high heels if you are going to be dancing or standing for long periods. You can fracture your ankle.
- Concerts can be exhausting, so even if you haven't been drinking make sure you're capable of driving. If you typically get tired, then get someone else to drive or plan in advance and get a hotel room.
- Too much screaming and cheering will leave you hoarse for days. Try to salvage your voice.
Things You'll Need
Stylish outfit, and change of clothes
Hair and make-up products
Camera (consider a disposable one so that if it is confiscated, it's not a big loss)
Safe ride home or hotel room
Cell phone (in case of an emergency)
Video camera (optional, but good if you want to watch it over again)
Ear plugs for sensitive hearing (optional)
After-party tickets (optional)
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 851,820 times.
Did this article help you?
How to Dress For a Funeral: 14 Steps How to wear underwear male properly
1 of 14.