wikiHow to Build Trust
Originally posted by such-vodka
The Basics of Building Trust
1. Do what you say.
2. Honor your promises.
3. Be consistent.
4. Tell the truth as much as you can.
5. If you do lie, admit to it.
6. Speak from the heart.
7. Express your feelings.
8. Volunteer information.
9. Don’t omit important details.
10. If you do have things that you are not yet willing to share, say so.
11. Keep secrets told to you.
12. Display loyalty.
13. Keep your feelings under control.
14. Avoid abusive behavior.
15. Use assertive communication.
16. Commit to altering your behavior when appropriate.
More details here.